Saturday 29 November 2008

Day Three - 28th November 2008

Friday night = respite. Today seems to be the only day of the week where there are never any great matches of importance to be played. My day is filled with classes for uni and other deadlines, so even on a normal Friday I wouldn't check results or football news very often. Manage to find a pub that shows MTV rather than footy on its screens for early evening drinks.

Later in the evening, I meet a few of my friends locally. As there are some people in our party that I have never met before, I'm slightly nervous about not being able to talk about football. For guys in the pub random chat about my banned subject acts as an icebreaker. To avoid uneasiness, I come clean immediately about my plan. It actually acts as good topic of conversation, and there is debate about whether I will succeed or not. The real challenge will come at the weekend though. Nonetheless, as the alcohol begins to kick in I relax. Spirit in the NFFFD camp is good....

No comments: