Saturday 29 November 2008

Day Two - 27th November 2008

More European matches tonight are the major obstacle. I decide that if I'm going to do this, I may well do it properly and clear all football related memorabilia from my room. The walls are stripped of my Lubo Moravcik print, Siena scarf and signed Nesta and Pirlo prints. All back issues of footie magazines and my football books are placed in a box under the bed. Most painfully, I remove my copy of Football Manager from my laptop and it joins the rest of the stuff.

An unnamed German friend of mine finds it hilarious to post results on my Facebook wall. I tell him to stop pissing on my bonfire. Whilst walking through the living room, I inadvertently view my first goal of the football famine. I successfully manage to ignore it, although its by an English team wearing an Orange top so I infer its either Man City or Spurs. An this stage, I still have no desire to go back to my old ways.
DAY TWO - DONE!

No comments: