Sunday 4 January 2009

Days Thirty Eight and Thirty Nine - 2nd & 3rd January

Nearly there!
The first weekend in January is famous for one thing - FA Cup third round day. The day when shocks happen and cup dreams become reality. It is undoubtedly one of the highlights of the footballing calendar, and unfortunately for me, I can't watch it. Saturdays throughout the ban have not been enjoyable, and I am glad that this is my last one.
I decide, like many people do at this time of year, that the Christmas turkey has taken its toll on me and I have to get fit. Unable to turn to f**tball, I instead choose to go for a run. I manage about 5k, but am well and truly knackered by the end of it. To toast my avoidance of football during the weekends, I go out with friends for a few drinks. In the past six weeks, I have discovered that there are actually bars that do not show football, and choose one of them to go to. As I head into the fortieth and final day of my non football spell, I am in good spirit.

No comments: