Thursday 4 December 2008

Days Six & Seven - 1st and 2nd December 2008

NOTE: Due to the sheer workload I have on for the next week or so, blogs might be less regular.

One week down, six more to go. I awake on the Monday feeling more confident than in previous days. I decide that I am going to learn a minority language. My choice is Catalan, it might be useful at the Nou Camp once my ban ends. Due to the amount of work I have on, these days are relatively stress free in relation to football. I do find out my first result since I started when someone inadvertently mentions in a text that Burnley beat Arsenal in the League Cup.
Cup upsets are one of the reasons I love football so much. I think of when Chesterfield played Middlesbrough and when Roy Essandoh scored for Wycombe in the FA Cup. For the first time I feel like I am missing out on something. By the end of this ban, the Scottish and FA Cup third rounds will be over and I will have potentially missed the great shocks of the season. I bury my head in a Catalan language book and convince myself that there will be no upsets.

No comments: