Saturday 27 December 2008

Days Thirty and Thirty One - 25th and 26th December

Merry Christmas everyone!

At this time of year, everyone tends to think about the good things in life. So this leads me to thinking about football. I'm more than 3/4 of the way through this experiment and I have to admit that I am missing football. But will this forty days of footy abstinence change my life drastically? I decided to list all the good and bad effects that football has on my life. (Before I begin, a shout goes out to my friend Matt who bought me figurines of David Seaman and Chris Sutton to accompany through the last ten days of the ban)

Positives

Social aspect - meeting people, talking about football
Positive feeling when my team wins
Makes me relax
Experience of going to games
Being able to connect with people throughout the world through sport
Travelling to different places to see different teams
Getting to take my anger out on innocent sportsmen
Staying fit by playing football
Reason to drink beer

Negatives

Social aspect - avoid meeting people to watch football
Anger and frustration when my team loses
Makes me stress
Waste money going to games
Boring people from throughout the world with pointless football knowledge
Travelling to awful places to see matches that are invetibly an anti-climax
Taking my anger out on innocent sportsmen
Seeing how unfit I am playing football whilst realising I will never be good enough to play in 'a real game'
Reason to drink beer

No comments: